Updated May 25, 2020
Current and Future NPA Members,
The recent publication of Executive Order 2020-100 extends the stay at home order until June 12 at 11:59pm. The Kent County Health Department has also stated that we will not be able to open until such Executive Order(s) have expired or have been rescinded. At this point, we are forced to delay the pool opening as instructed, but we are cautiously optimistic about opening on June 13. We are also reaching out to Michigan and Kent County governing bodies to ask for consideration and clarification of applicable EOs that limit our opening. We will provide additional information to our member community as we learn more.
The Board, Park Manager, and Lifeguard staff are working to prepare the park for this opening date, and we need some help from our member community to make this possible. Please see the list of activities below that need to be accomplished before we can open.
We intend to send out a Sign Up Genius for the activities listed below. However, if you would like to volunteer prior to this being sent out, please reach out to Paul, Heather, Rob, or other Board Members for access to the pool house, pool deck or fenced lawn area.
What we are doing:
1. Pool repair and upkeep, filling the pool, and heating the water.
2. Developing and implementing our social distancing and safety plan.
3. Meeting with lifeguards, developing staffing plans, and conducting staff trainings.
4. Extending registration and payment deadlines. Currently, we are only one (1) week past our initially planned full opening. We are not reducing the published membership fees, but we will be adding one (1) guest pass to each membership purchase.
What you can do (Volunteer, Volunteer, Volunteer!):
1. Rack leaves around the pool house and immediate lawn areas.
2. Move umbrella stands, and pool chairs and loungers from the bathrooms to the pool deck.
3. Clean the bathrooms of leaves and open overhead vents.
4. Clean the community room of leaves, wipe down surfaces, and open overhead vents.
5. Remove grass and weeds from joints on pool deck, sidewalks, and in the immediate parking lot.
6. Power wash chairs/loungers, beehive, and pergola.
7. Extra Credit for any Park Wishlist items!
Stay Safe and Healthy,
The NPA Board and Staff